A non-toxic beauty blog focusing on botanical ingredients, honest reviews, affordable options, lifestyle musings, and more than a touch of humor.
"I now look back fondly at those being the most constructive years for preparing me for life in the real world...You have to have pretty thick skin and you have to have big shoulders." - Tom Curley

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Product Review: Sweet Anthem Perfume - Annabelle Perfume Oil

Sweet Anthem Perfumes
 While spring hasn't necessarily sprung, it is definitely afoot, and -- I think -- at the forefront of everyone's minds. This has been a wet, cold, nebulous sort of winter for us folks down here in Texas, and it's important to keep your spirits up as those hazy, damp, if slightly warmer, days continue. One way to do that is with scent, and I think that my girls over at Sweet Anthem Perfumes have some decidedly spring-like scents in their repertoire.

As you can probably tell from my previous reviews of Sweet Anthem products, I prefer sweeter, more floral scents, and the next perfume I'd like to share with you is in that same vein. The story of Annabelle Perfume Oil from Sweet Anthem's website speaks of sweltering jasmine and salty sea air, which is just what this delightful oil reminds me of. I've always loved jasmine, as my grandmother and mother both grew heaps of the flowering bush everywhere.


This is a sweet, flowery fragrance that is a bit heady when first applied, but quickly mellows to a balanced floral with just a hint of something unique and special. I couldn't really tell you what salt spray smells like, but it's in there somehow. One thing I love about this fragrance is how long it lasts. With many more natural perfume products, the scent fades quickly. This one stuck around all day, discreet enough to not be overpowering, but compelling enough to put me in a wonderful mood whenever I caught a whiff of the scent.

Miranda (The Tempest), John William Waterhouse
As a general fragrance rule, I don't want people to smell me from a mile away. With perfume oils, I always dab a bit on my sternum, collarbone, and behind my ears. I also will sometimes rub a few drops together in my palms and scrub the scent into my hair.

There are several things that deserve mentioning about this brand. Not only are their scents fantastic, they have an amazing variety, from feminine to masculine, fruity to floral, woodsy to herbal, and everything in-between. These are also products that, in my experience, really last, in quantity as well as quality. I have several (generous) sample vials that I've been using on a fairly regular basis for almost a year and there's still plenty left. The scent hasn't faded, either. Finally, these are some pretty affordable fragrance options, especially compared to similar products. All in all, I'm just super happy with this brand!

Speaking of Sweet Anthem... they've just come out with loads of new scents and stories for spring! Have you guys seen these? I'm just dying to try a few. I've got my eye on Lolita and Alice in particular.
Sweltering jasmine flowers cling to a cloud of osmanthus, and the spray of sea air and salty musk will surely keep you oceanside even though the summer respite has left us. - See more at: http://www.sweetanthemperfumes.com/products/annabelle-10ml-perfume-oil#sthash.Kn7TjqhJ.dpuf

Sweltering jasmine flowers cling to a cloud of osmanthus, and the spray of sea air and salty musk will surely keep you oceanside even though the summer respite has left us. - See more at: http://www.sweetanthemperfumes.com/products/annabelle-10ml-perfume-oil#sthash.Kn7TjqhJ.dpu
Sweltering jasmine flowers cling to a cloud of osmanthus, and the spray of sea air and salty musk will surely keep you oceanside even though the summer respite has left us. - See more at: http://www.sweetanthemperfumes.com/products/annabelle-10ml-perfume-oil#sthash.Kn7TjqhJ.dpuf
Sweltering jasmine flowers cling to a cloud of osmanthus, and the spray of sea air and salty musk will surely keep you oceanside even though the summer respite has left us. - See more at: http://www.sweetanthemperfumes.com/products/annabelle-10ml-perfume-oil#sthash.Kn7TjqhJ.dpuf
Sweltering jasmine flowers cling to a cloud of osmanthus, and the spray of sea air and salty musk will surely keep you oceanside even though the summer respite has left us. - See more at: http://www.sweetanthemperfumes.com/products/annabelle-10ml-perfume-oil#sthash.Kn7TjqhJ.dpuf


No comments:

Post a Comment