A non-toxic beauty blog focusing on botanical ingredients, honest reviews, affordable options, lifestyle musings, and more than a touch of humor.
"I now look back fondly at those being the most constructive years for preparing me for life in the real world...You have to have pretty thick skin and you have to have big shoulders." - Tom Curley

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Product Review: Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics Vitamin B Active Moisture Cleansing Oil & Makeup Remover

First things first: that name is a mouthful! Second:

Oh.
My.
Gawd. 

 
Guys, seriously, have you tried this stuff? It is literally flawless. I mean, I hate to say it, but pack up your stuff everybody. One Love Organics has won. I really cannot imagine a more fabulous makeup remover. But I'm going to try and keep my cool here, rather than just gush like a Tiger Beat tween over that androgynously adorable new boy band.



To give you an idea of my experience with this product, the first words out of my mouth when I put it on were, "It smells like angels!" My wife, understandably, gave me a funny look and took a whiff. She maintains that it smells more like Smarties, but whatever. Angels, man. I don't know how they do it, but it's fantastic. Sort of sweet and vaguely fruity, but not overpowering.

This cleanser is an oil, but when you put it on your face, it becomes something else entirely. Combined with a touch of water, it turns into this thin, milky magic that easily glides over your entire face. I've tried oil cleansing in the past, but this is a whole 'nother ballgame. It doesn't feel sticky or thick going on, and rinses away cleanly, leaving you with a soft, dewy, perfectly clean complexion.

I decided to try this cleanser out after a day of wearing some pretty heavy eye makeup. Why coddle the stuff, right? It erased every speck of makeup on my face with no trouble. I probably could have been done with it in fifteen seconds, but I couldn't resist massaging it into my pores for a minute or two because ugh, the silky texture, and oh, have I mentioned the fragrance? Because I'm mentioning it again. After use, my face was sparkling clean, free of errant globs of eyeliner, and nicely supple, not tight or over-cleansed.

What else can I say? It's wonderful. I'm in love. I can't wait to buy about five thousand bottles and hole up in a cave somewhere lovingly stroking each and every one while muttering, "My precious..."

I think you get the picture. So what are you waiting for? Go out and get your hands on some of this stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Enjoyed this - I'm currently on a sample size of their Easy Does It cleanser, and although I like it enough it's a bit drying. This sounds like it might be a better match. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Easy Does It cleanser, but I have very oily skin. I feel like the cleansing oil would be great for anyone, though. :)

    ReplyDelete