A non-toxic beauty blog focusing on botanical ingredients, honest reviews, affordable options, lifestyle musings, and more than a touch of humor.
"I now look back fondly at those being the most constructive years for preparing me for life in the real world...You have to have pretty thick skin and you have to have big shoulders." - Tom Curley

Friday, June 7, 2013

Product Review: Sweet Anthem Perfume - Lucille Perfume Oil


Check out my previous post on Sweet Anthem here!

The second perfume oil I tried out from Sweet Anthem was Lucille. Here is the description from their website:

"From an old Germanic ballad: The linden-maiden rests beneath an illuminated grove / night-blooming jasmine fastened in her hair / Surrounded by the memory of ash and smoke and trove, the linden-worm takes flight / off they climb together, through the salty air...Notes: Amber, Jasmine, Linden Blossom, Rosewood, Sea Salt, Tonka Bean."
When I first put this on, I was hit by how sweet and almost fruity it was -- which is strange, considering there is no fruit in this scent. The jasmine and linden blossom really stand out, making for a heady, youthful floral bouquet. I noticed that the amber and rosewood took a back seat on this one, and I barely got any hint of sea salt or tonka bean at all. However, considering that linden blossom is one of my most favorite scents, I didn't really mind.

Ophelia, John William Waterhouse
 As I mentioned before, the first fragrances I noticed were sweet and fruity. Very uplifting and bubbly. I would definitely say that this is the free-spirited little sister to the previous perfume oil I tried, Rebecca. As the day wore on, I did notice that the scent faded quite a bit, but that's to be expected, I guess. After a few hours, I could pick out the musky amber and rosewood over the sweet florals. However, by the end of the day I couldn't smell anything at all on my skin. Alas! It was lovely while it lasted.

Dance, Alfonse Mucha




No comments:

Post a Comment