A non-toxic beauty blog focusing on botanical ingredients, honest reviews, affordable options, lifestyle musings, and more than a touch of humor.
"I now look back fondly at those being the most constructive years for preparing me for life in the real world...You have to have pretty thick skin and you have to have big shoulders." - Tom Curley

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Product Review: Claribel Nourishing Eye, Lip & Facial Oil

Howdy folks! Sorry for the lack of posts last week. It's been pretty crazy over here in my world, and now that SXSW has invaded my home city of Austin, TX, I find myself a bit too caught up in all of the excitement to do my usual posts! Psst, I'm going to a secret show tonight, so keep an eye on my Instagram for pics.

As a consolation, here's a quick little review of a lovely facial oil that I've been using:

claribel skin treatments & cosmeceuticals is a small green brand with a wide array of luxurious yet affordable products. I'm a complete Etsy junkie, so I'm constantly on the look-out for up-and-coming indie brands, which is where I originally found claribel's shop. That Etsy shop is still around, but now they have a fancy new website, too! claribel has been on my list for a while and I finally settled on their Nourishing Eye, Lip & Facial Oil.

I originally bought this oil as an eye makeup remover because my usual cleanser wasn't cutting it. Now that I have my amazing ED4OLO Vitamin B Cleansing Oil, I no longer need it for that purpose, but it's still an excellent product.



Paired with a soft shammy or some cotton rounds, this is a great eye makeup remover. It really cuts through stubborn eyeliner and mascara, especially the stuff that likes to hide under your lower lashes. I really love using a wonderful oil to remove eye makeup because it doesn't harm the delicate skin in that area and provides some moisture too, eliminating the need for an eye cream in my book.

Nourishing is a great word to describe this oil. Despite its lightweight feel and silky texture, this product is a powerhouse of moisture. It packs in plenty of hard-working, luxuriously moisturizing ingredients like Argan Oil, Avocado Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, and Sea Buckthorn Oil. Like most quality, clean products, a little bit goes a long way. I only needed a few drops to remove my eye makeup. This also makes an excellent moisturizer for your face. It's a bit too rich for an oily-skinned gal like me to use in the daytime, but it's lovely at night, especially with its subtle Neroli scent. A bit dabbed on the lips before bed makes them soft and silky smooth come morning.

All in all, it's a great multi-purpose facial oil for a fantastic price. A 1 oz bottle will run you only $14, plus a few bucks for shipping. Plus, the owner, Jeanette, seems like a real peach. Check it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment