A non-toxic beauty blog focusing on botanical ingredients, honest reviews, affordable options, lifestyle musings, and more than a touch of humor.
"I now look back fondly at those being the most constructive years for preparing me for life in the real world...You have to have pretty thick skin and you have to have big shoulders." - Tom Curley

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Product Review: Bunny Butt Apothecary Complexion Zen

I'm taking a little break from reviewing my FreshFaced samples to chat about a product that I've been using quite a while now, but completely forgot to review!

Picture from their website




I first came across Bunny Butt Apothecary on Etsy and was intrigued by their Complexion Zen cream. When I visited their booth at the Austin Renegade Craft Fair, I couldn't help but snap up a jar of the stuff.

This product is rich and creamy on your fingertips, but surprisingly light when applied to the face. While I typically use it at night, when I'm looking for something a little more moisturizing, I've also used it as a daytime cream. It soaks into the skin quickly and leaves your skin with a fairly matte finish, rather than looking greasy or (shudder) dewy.

The ingredients here are top-notch, including nourishing oils and butters, as well as blemish-fighting standouts like clove and tea tree essential oils and raspberry seed oil. After use, my skin always feels soft and smooth. It smells strongly of clove, which I'm not usually a fan of, but in this cream, I find it somehow quite enjoyable. My wife always comments on how nice I smell when I come to bed after applying this stuff, and if you knew my wife, you'd understand how shocking it is for her to notice that sort of thing. This cream also lasts for-freaking-ever! I've had it for months and months and have barely used half of the jar. I certainly hope it has a long shelf life...

My only complaint about this product is that I haven't seen much improvement in my actual complexion. I don't tend to have bad breakouts or large pimples. Instead, I have a lot of blackheads and some minor blemishes. On any given day, I may have a small bump or two, but nothing serious. I haven't seen any noticeable effect on my blemishes or blackheads, but this product also doesn't break me out, like some creams are wont to do.

All in all, this is a fantastic cream that gives me a great dose of moisture without contributing to my blemishes or oiliness, but it's not a real acne-fighter, at least not for me. Would I buy it again? Perhaps. I'm leaning more towards oils these days for moisture, but sometimes a buttery soft, delightfully scented cream can feel like a wonderful luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment